Question for Christian moms

How would you explain gay marriages to your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It depends on how old they are. I would just tell my kids that a man and another man (or a woman and another woman) have decided that they love each other and they want to live together like they were married. I would tell them that the bible says that it is a sin, but that we are supposed to love them anyway the way that Jesus would, just like we love other people that sin (including ourselves).
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• wonderful answer =) I think I let the akwardness get the best of me when its really just a simple question my kids might ask..
    Anonymous

• simple. They want to be together forever just like Mommy and Daddy.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes boys like boys and girls like girls. They just want to be married like Mommy and Daddy because they love each other so much. "Doesn't God think this is wrong?" (really asked by my kids) Well, God loves everyone, no matter what he thinks about what they are doing. Just because it seems wrong to us, it might not seem wrong to them.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I really liked the first answer and that's what I've planned on telling my kids too.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with christyg.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• depends on how old they are and what their question was/is. for the most part i would keep it as simple as possible but i damn sure wouldn't candy coat it. i would tell them exactly what it is at an age appropriate level.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 6:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• being that it didn't pass i don't have too. no gay marriages here but they know that my brother their uncle is gay and accept him and love him as we all do but they know it's wrong. they are not foolish enough not to believe what god has made couples to be.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yeah agree with christyg
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Depends on the age. Likely I would look to the scriptures and tell them what they say, why we don't agree with it but like any sin we still love them, we just don't agree with how they live.
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 10:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2008