following the post "why is it"

I know I am going to get a lot of bashes, but I am prepared for that and am listening to everyones post reguardless of the outcome. Someone said in her post to keep her religion to herself. I don't understand why. If she wants to share how she feels I think that is wonderful. I enjoy seeing all sides although I do have my own faith. I think that anyone should be able to express themselves. And yes, just because we are christian does not mean that we are closed minded and am not going to listen about other faiths, cultures, or religions. There are so many out there. I hope no one took offence.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not bashing but I'm not sure why you posted this in a question for Answers. Why didn't you post this on that thread?
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I really didn't mean that post to be a debate type, that's why I put it under the regular religion and beliefs. I didn't mean to cause any rifts.
    It was meant to just understand....I respect everyone's beliefs....I would never push mine on anyone.
    Anonymous

• I would never tell anyone to keep it to themselves- particularly on a religious discussion board! I mean, that's kind of the point, isn't it? I think people become sensitive because there is a lot of 'I am right and you are wrong' that goes on from various factions on boards like this. People get their hackles up when someone says that they KNOW they're right and that, by default, others are wrong. Even if it's not intended that way, it can come across as condescending or patronizing. Glad to know it's not intended that way!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010