MIL and "religion"

My mil is the biggest hypocrite. She watches "God" on tv and gets up at 4am just to pray. BUT all she does is talk sh** on every person in her family. Its so frustrating to listen to her rant about God and how drinking is bad and parenting styles are only good if she agrees on them(because with 2 drug addict kids and an alcoholic kid she did awesome! ) Do you know ppl like this? How the hell can you judge when you are worse off than those youre judging? Just dont get it (have a feeling its insecurity but who knows)

PS Im Catholic and not bashing God. Just saying that the tv stuff is sometimes a scam. Especially when ppl send money into them. lol

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• so true!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• And this is why I can't stand organized religion and what it teaches. Most people I know are less moral then myself, but yet I am the one going to hell because I don't go to church and take my kids every Sunday!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I know people like that and one is my MIL. But I find a lot of people to be hypocrites and judemental of others. It's easy to talk the talk and not walk the walk :)
    Anonymous

• Yes, I know people like this and it makes me want to pull my hair out. There's really nothing you can say to them because they are so certain that they are right, everyone else is wrong, end of story. Just grin and bear it the best you can.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Do we have the same MIL? A few months ago, mine made a comment about how my teeth are (they will have to break my jaw to fix it and it will cost a lot of money!) and in the next breathe she told me that I needed God. LOL!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am what I call a recovering Catholic. I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school for 9 years and still think that Catholics can be the biggest hypocrits. Then again, every religion has hypocrits. Learn to ignore those that are. Just live your life the best you can and do what you feel is right for your family.

I do know people like you described and they just tic me off.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• this is exactly why i refuse to attend any church...most are filled with people just like her.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• laughingPray for her

Answer by admckenzie at 9:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Screw the scam, I feel bad 4u having to go through that all the time. I hope if she ever says anything stupid about you or your kids/fam you'll let her have it!!!! That's exactly what a person like that needs so they can feel stupid and step back and realize who they are instead of judging others! Who cares who she is, do you really want to live like that forever?
    nqmochafrappe

Answer by nqmochafrappe at 10:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My aunt was like that she will go to church (catholic) every sunday and then they had huge virgin mary and some other stuff that were very scary to me and then they will drink the entire sunday afternoon and she was always telling me that I should be more like my cousin but then she got pregnant at 15. She will tell you im your friend at your face and bash you the moment you leave the room.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010