Could i be carrying twins?

Hi I am 25 weeks pregnant today, and I had a sonogram done last week and the doctor said there is one and it is another boy! First of all when I first went in i got weighed and I was 141 1/2 which i was 120 before i got pregnant. That means I gained 21 1/2 pounds in just 25 weeks. I don't eat a lot either, I just never feel too hungry. The nurse was pretty shocked, and I didn't think anything of it. So late after the sono my husband and I were looking at the pics we had from the sono and on one of the pics you can clearly see that it is a boy, but on another one, you don't see the pee pee at all. I don't understand. my husband and I both have twins in our families on both mother and fathers sides. So it is very common. I also feel like i can barely walk because I am gaining so much. My stomach is huge, and i am very very low, and i never carried this low with my son. I am so much sicker this time, and I am always super tired, more tired than ever. It seems like all the symptoms are multiplied. it's horrible. I am just wondering if anyone thinks it could be twins?

AaronLee2009

Asked by AaronLee2009 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You gained about 21-1/2 pounds in 25 weeks. I don't see why they should be shocked because the average is 3-4 pounds per month on average. That doesn't seem excessive for the number of weeks pregnant you are at this point. They should be able to tell by the sonogram whether there are two babies present or not.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It'd be hardto miss a second baby in there on an ultrasound. 2 heartbeats would have been heard

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• never know...i was packin twins 8 yrs ago and i was ALWAYS tired(and hungary)...my belly got big real quick, my sil said it was twins and i just brushed it off...good luck...twins are so much fun!!!.
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Anything is possible
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It probably would have been picked up in the ultrasound or when they check the heartbeat. Its very rare they dont catch it. I guess it is always a possibility but highly unlikely. If your concerened about the weight gain talk to your doctor about it.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 3:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Thanks everyone! I know the nurse said that normally you are supposed to gain 3-4 the first trimester and 1 a week for the remainder of the pregnancy. I remember with my son since i was so tiny i didn't gain a pound over what i was supposed to. I feel like i weigh so much that I can't even stand or walk, which doesn't feel right to me. I have another appointment the 21st of January so I will talk to the doctor about it then. Another thing that I saw was like i said in the sonogram one picture you can see something that looked like it was a boy, but in another picture the same exact time you can see in between the legs and there is nothing there. Which does not make sense. I don't see why the doctor wouldn't catch it. Of course I didn't see it til we got home and looked at them all.
    AaronLee2009

Comment by AaronLee2009 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2010