Handling parent issues with grandparents issue with my parents?(kinda Long)

So heres the deal. As posted before that I going on a date with an amazing guy nxt Saturday. I am totally excited! but anyways, I live with my parents with my daughter and i go to college. I have two yrs left if i transfer into this one college around my house. but my dad lost his job like so many other people did, he lucky found a job but three four hours away from where i live. I had all attentions of moving with them if i had nothing going on here. since i meet this man, my parents are all over me. wanting to know if im moving in with him, getting married to him,i say i don't know bc i don't know i just seeing where is takes me right now and it a new relationship. I would be talking to someone about college he will jump in and say ohh she going to this college and working in this town where i work and yadyadyad. i don't know where this is taking me but all i know is i want to see, how do i calm them down? what would you do any advise is well worth it. i am not looking to move out with them. if i have a job i want to stay around here if  things go good. Thanks

bridynme

Asked by bridynme at 8:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Go and get a job, move out from your parents. Let them move away so you can have a healthy relationship and you can live your own life:) They will calm down when they can see this guy is actually a nice guy.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 8:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think you should get your own place for you and your child. Your parents just want to know you're going to be taken care of. Show them you can take care of yourself!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• honestly, and im not being rude or a bitch, but i would get a job, and move out, and be self sufficiant BEFORE you get into any relationship. its not a bad thing, but its seems like you need to get your own life on track with your kid before you get into something new. ya know what i mean? i'd just be friends for now, and when you are in a better situation, then see where things go as a couple. just my opinion. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2010