mother vs daugther parenting

My mother is mentally ill anyhow, but she always accuses everyone of being mean. She thinks that men with thick eyebrows are hot tempered, however, I was very surprised when...
My daugther is 2 this jan. She has sippy cups as well as mini kid cups. I give her a mini cup with no lid for her juice. She hit the cup out of my hand. I popped her on her pull-up and said no no. I pointed out the juice and said "see, you spilled it on the carpet on purpose, that's a no no. That was the end of it...excpet my mother starts yelling. She says "we didn't beat on you like that when you were a kid, why do you do her like that." She has made comments in the past. I popped her diaper, theres no red mark. I dont scream or yell. I'm very patient.
She also hands out parenting advice left and right and let me tell you what. My mother was VERY mean to me growing up. She screamed, yelled, hit and worst of all was always calling me names...Even my friends know that she's insane. every person that comes into contact with her does.She is always putting my father down in front of him and myself. Growing up, most of the time she was involved with me was only when I was in trouble. I also found out that she was signed up for an abortion when she found out she was pregnant with me because she was 40. When I was 14 years old, she told me that she'd wished she'd blown mine and my father's brains out a long time ago, all because I left my school ID at home and she had to come pick me up on her off day. How do I deal with her? She's my mother, I love her, but she wont listen to anything anyone has to say and she's plain out literally insane.
Recently she was forced to be evaluated because my sister turned her into the cops. She had a gun in the house noone was aware of. My sister said she was suicidal. The next day upon further look my dad found that she had a hatchet next to the bed, a letter, though not suicidal against my dad and a paper dating back from a suspension I got in middle school.. .is that not crazy? What should I do? the hospital didn't keep her and she's not getting better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• Commit her..and Find a hospital that will keep her till she has been properly diagnoised and treated. Good luck hunny thats alot to handle
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Protect yourself and your family and dont let her come around. I wouldnt even let your kids at her house. Meet in public and talk on the phone. If you are that worried about her health then maybe you can set up an intervention or talk to her about counseling/meds. Start slow and see how things go. Just stand up for yourself and let her know that she is NOT to undermind you ESPECIALLY in front of your children. GL
    ps..counseling for yourself isnt a bad thing either. Maybe talking to someone can help you understand her condtion better and teach you how to go about handling it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You can only do something if she hurts someone even crazy people have rights.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I agree, you shouldn't have hit your child especially over something that dumb. I don't think it's your mom that has issues if you are the one hitting your 2 yr old for spilling a drink.
    Anonymous

• BUMP
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No 2 year old is to be hit.Accidents at that age happen get over it.As for your mother she is crazy .My mother was not nice to me growing up either.You learn to be better person then she was.
    wildrose68

Answer by wildrose68 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm defend the OP on the fact that she popped her daughters butt..it wasnt an accident. the toddler purposely hit the cup out of her hand and that deserves punishment.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010