Do you vote in your party's primaries?

... for third party supporters/independents .... what your states rules on voting in Dem/Rep primaries? Would you register for one of the two main parties just so that you can vote in their primaries?

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 8:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I vote in the Republican primaries. I am a registered Republican.

Answer by missanc at 8:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am an Inde- In CA you request the ballot you would like for the primaries- As of 2010, we will now have open primaries again!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I vote in every primary. In our state, you must vote in the party in which you are registered and you can't change your registration at the last minute and vote in the other primary.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No. Not in a party. State we used to live in and the state we are currently in - both have closed primary systems.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'm registered Republican,and yes, I vote in their primaries.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• cant. Oklahoma has closed primaries and im registered Independent...which we dont get a lot of b/c its so difficult for them to get on the ballet. i would never change to Rep or Dem just to vote in the primary. tho i do have opinions on them, i see it as that parties members job to pick who they want to represent them. im not one of them so its not my place to say who they should pick.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Nope - I'm registered as an Independent so yeah same as okmanders - closed primaries here too...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• In TX you vote Republican or Democrat in the primaries. I vote Republican
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Absolutely! I vote in the primaries so I can support the candidates who most closely represent my values.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes I vote in atleast 90% of the primaries.. I was available to vote for..since age 18
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 8:02 AM on Dec. 30, 2010