Does anyone know if you can be slightly elevated during a c-section?

This is my 3rd pregnancy and My c-section is scheduled for December. However, when I lay down flat on my back, I can't breath at all and start to have a panic attack because of this so if I have to lay flat on my back during surgery, how am I not going to have a panic attack and what can they do for me to keep me from freaking out? I'm scared to death and my clastrophobia and anxiety has gotten much worse with this pregnancy that my previous 2.

AEdwards08

Asked by AEdwards08 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You will have to discuss this with your doctor and tell him whats going on.
    Anonymous

• I don't think so, i think you have to be flat... if you cause too much of a problem they will knock you out.. they did me!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• im pretty sure you have to be laying flat but if you talk with your doctor they may be able to give you something befor or during the surgery to relax you more.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think you need to be flat as well, but start discussing it with your doctor, maybe you can work something out (the more s/he knows ahead of time, the better!).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm going to ask for something too, Wonder if they could give us something... Because i thought it was only me, but panic too and i bet it is from laying down and no i cant breathe either it sucks!!

But if they gave us somthing wouldnt it hurt the baby??

Jeeze im Freakin in do this in Decemeber,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I was so drugged up, I dont think I would have noticed an incline :). I was able to pay attention to what was going on. Were your other's born by c-section? If so, how'd it go?
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2008