13 and pregnant

What would you do if your young tween/teen got pregnant? Im not talking about belief in abortion but health risks. Would you let your child make the decision or would you make it? And do you have the right to make that decision( have no idea how the law works with this)? I asked my mom what she would do if i got pregnant as a teen and she said she would be more concerned about myhealth. shes not into abortion but as a child sometimes the health risks lean that way. What areyou opinions? My dd is only 4 so i cant answer for myself and hopefully wont have to go through this. What would you do if your teen was pregnant?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• i would talk to her about whats going on with her and what she thinks
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If the Dr said that her health was not in danger I hope that she would maybe be able to choose adoption. Obviously at 13 you wouldn't be very able to take care of a child and it would be a gift to someone else. I wouldn't want to try to work, take care of a teen and her baby so I would hope she would make a responsible choice.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• At 13 I think they really dont have any concept of what each decision they would make and how it would impact the rest of their lives. I would be sensitive and compassionate, but would push my dd into the choice my dh and I thought she should make......
    Anonymous

• My first concern would be the health of my child. My beliefs about abortion would be put on the back burner for this situation.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would talk to her about her thoughts, feeling, etc and also talk to her along side a doctor to check her out. i would also probably fiind a way to let her hear other teens stories and how hard it was for them raising a child.. I think I'd use a variety of sources to help her and myself reach a decision. If she was heatlhy and she wasn't going to have serious consequences physically , then I would probably opt for her to have the baby and also opt for a 5 year iud to be put into place or something..some kind of gaurenteed birth control.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 8:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My first concern would be the health of my child. My beliefs about abortion would be put on the back burner for this situation

I cant agree more!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• well hun i got pregnant when i was 16 lil older but my mom was furious and so were the fathers parents and my dad was kinda excited not that he wanted me to get pregnant at 16 but that he was going to be a grandpa but i think you should talk to her and see wut she wants to do see if shes ready for that kind of responsibility because its not ul do it one day and not the next its a full time job and she has to be able to support her child with being able to stay and go to school and graduate and have a good job as much as u may not like the idea in reality it falls on her, my mom wanted me to get an abortions as well as the fathers parents cause they need there son wasnt ready but things happen and i took responsibility for my actions and had my baby and im 23 today and my daughters almost 6 and ive taken care of her since she was born, i had to put all my needs and wants aside but the only thing i can do now is try and make
    angelnina8715

Answer by angelnina8715 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• sure my daughter do the same thing i did and wait till shes has her life together so shes not struggeling like i did
    angelnina8715

Answer by angelnina8715 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I knew a 13 year old whom gave birth as a result of rape. I wish she'd had some choices, but she wasn't really given any. Her mother was a drug addict who had her babysitting her siblings all of the time. She got raped because her and her friend tried to go to a party. They got in the car with a man whom said he knew her aunty or something. Anyhow, he raped both of them, resulting in her pregnancy. When you asked this question, I thought of her. What would have been good for her....and abortion, adoption, all of these options should have been an option.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 8:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My daughter was 13 when she got pregnant and NO you cannot make decisions for her. I tried. We got through it. She's an adult now and all is well. She was a good teen mom, too.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010