For those who believe ...

My gramma is in her final stages of life, been going on since right after Thanksgiving. Had alzheimers for a long time and she fell, which lead to bleeding in her brain. Amoung other things. So my parents have been living with my grandparents during this process and hospice is helping. I have a 5 year old nephew. My family, all generations are very close...I am the only one who has moved far away in my immediate family. Anyways, my nephew stays at my grandparents with my parents sometime through this. This morning he asked my mum and he were talking about what is happening to his great-grammie. My nephew says, "God is great, right" and my mum said Yes. To which he said "Joe told me God is coming to take her tonight and I will be with her" Now Joe has been his imaginary friend for a year or so. For a while my parents and his parents took it as an imaginary friend, but then began to wonder if it was a spirit. My mum asked today if Joe had a last name. My nephew so matter of fact said Yes, "Joe Doe" (I'm obviously keeping his name private) and then asked how old he is, 54. So tonight my mum is telling my aunt this. To which they said, He lived down the road and died some years ago. My nephew too lives down the road around where he lived.
Will my gramma pass tonight, IDK, but am hoping the Lord takes her soon and she can be at peace. Why can't we adults see what children see (I have my opinion of this, because we grow out of it and such). But to know things children know, and know things those close to death know....and see.... Makes me in awe of the mysteries of this world we live in.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• @the_kimmers Really? "That's not how the Heavenly Father works"??

With all due respect, how would you know?

A great deal many things exist in this world whether you believe in them or not. You don't have to believe in ghosts for them to exist. So sorry, but if you actually take a look around you and open your eyes and hear what people have to say who've seen and experienced them, the evidence is undeniable. Not everyone experiences them. But when an innocent child who has a spirit of a deceased man as a friend and there should not be any way for him to know someone who has passed on, I would have to say "DING DING DING!!!! It's a ghost!"

Ghosts are not evil. They're not demons. Let me correct myself: Ghosts such as "Joe" are not evil. Our loved ones who have passed on watch over us. They guide us if we will only listen. They comfort us when we need. Demons don't give a whit about bringing comfort..........
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• (continued) Demons only care about bringing destruction and pain. So, the difference between the two is quite simple and obvious.

So, Kimmers, you claim to know how the Heavenly Father works? How arrogant. I don't mean that rudely. Just honestly. To be quite frank, we piddly humans here on Earth don't know squat and those who think they do in regards to the workings of God are silly fools who are lying to themselves and the only thing they succeed in doing is putting God in a box rather than letting Him work the way He sees fit. You can thump the Bible at me all day long, but the Bible, while much of it may have been inspired by God, has been tainted by the very humans who wrote it as they colored it with their own opinions and perceptions. And then King James sure as hell didn't help when he flat-out DECIMATED the original scripts and twisted things even further.

Don't believe me? (to be continued again)
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Don't believe me? Just go to a Jewish synogogue that would have original texts there and have them read to you.

For instance: The original scripts did not say "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live". It said "Thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live". And yes, the difference between the two is vast. I could go on for hours, but I'm sure anyone reading by now is getting sick of seeing me post in multi-part answers.

While the Bible does offer much good insight on many things, it is not infallible. So, please. Don't be so arrogant as to claim that you know how God works. You really haven't the slightest clue. What you think you know about God doesn't even begin to make up the tip of the ice burg.
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• IMO there is a really thin veil between us and the spirit world. He really could have been visited and given comfort for all of his confusing feelings he's had with this. I believe that our loved ones are sent to us. They are what people would refer to as guardian angels. Maybe this guy was someone whom he considered a friend so that is why he was sent.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• For those who believe what??? In the spirit world??
    Sorry you are going thru this. My Dad who had passed may years ago came to collect my Gramps when he passed. Gramps kept telling us for days he had been talking to my Dad. We could smell his cigarette smoke, and no one in the house smoked after my Dad left us. It was comforting to know that some one comes to guide us into the spirit world, and we don't have to go alone!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• That kind of sounded like "I will be with her" as my nephew, but it was Joe saying he will be with our gramma and God....
    I guess it wasn't a question but more of a positive thought for some of you out there tonight.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I havent come to a conclusion fully about children seeing familiar spirits like that only because I am not sure dead people can come back like that. Anyway I pray for peace for the entire family and for your nephew too.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• LOLOL Goodness the Kimmers, do you feel better now. PaganMommy only shed light on the FACT that many people put entirely too much faith in a BOOK written by man, rather than a TRUE relationship with their God. And Puhleeze don't give us the "the bible was inspired by God". Loud angry Christians have done MORE damage in your Gods name than ANY Atheist could ever do.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You basically called 2Blondebabes Gramma something evil. Spirits are NOT evil, they were once humans who walked this earth and who loved deeply. Many times that love and connection our loved ones have for us can be felt and materialize into forms or even something as familiuar as a smell or a touch. It is NOT evil or bad. Very bad form indeed.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:03 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

•  Why can't we adults see what children see

B/c children have innocent hearts. They dont judge life according to religious standards, they accept things and beings for what really is. Some adults can see what children see, b/c some adults kept open and healthy, a part of the mind (third eye - pineal gland) that has been disabled for most.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010