I think about leaving my family all the time and starting over? Should I just follow my heart

Don't feel appreciated, valued or understood. Everyone is doing there own thing, Only call me when they need something from me.

PEPPERSHAKER

Asked by PEPPERSHAKER at 9:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you kids teens? Remember they are naturally egocentric and not necessarily mature enough to know they need you.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You should seek a therapist so you can work on your self-worth. Good Luck Hun. I have never thought of leaving but I know I'd have to feel pretty out of it to even consider it. Also, don't be so giving, if ppl see a doormat they will use it. refuse to be a door mat
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'd at least tell them how I feel so they can try harder first

Answer by admckenzie at 9:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Maybe you should tell them how you feel first before just leaving. After all we only have one family. Sometimes they aren't what we imagined, but the only one none the less.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thanks Ladies. I will consider each advice. You all make really great points,
    PEPPERSHAKER

Comment by PEPPERSHAKER (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If they only call when they need something don't answer the phone and instead of leave ask for some counseling maybe you need to get some self esteem back the thing about been a mom its that sometimes no one says thank you
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Seriously DONT GO! I had a "friend " that left her family for a old highschool flame....HOW AWFUL it distroyed her family and she now has little if any relationship with them and has lost a ton of friends..me included...I cant respect anyone who runs out on their family and kids
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've often fantasized about just being alone. I get so tired of being Ms. fix everything for everybody with little to no consideration for what I want or need. I think I know how you feel. What works for me is once or twice a year I do go off on my own. I leave for a few days, lock myself in a hotel with a good book, and ignore the world, or sometimes I send my family out of state to visit family without me.
    Not only does it give me a chance to recharge, but it also gives me a chance to miss them without having to do anything drastic.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would make your family aware of how you're feeling. Then talk to a professional either alone or as family.
    FLmomma2be

Answer by FLmomma2be at 9:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i feel the same way...of course no i would not leave my kids. I plan to start seeing a counselor to work through some issues but I feel your pain!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010