Eating Problems

Well first off I'd like to state that I am a stay at home mom of 4 beautiful childen, my husband works constantly so I barley have any self time or me time. So of course I get bored thru out the day bc every single day I wake up and do the same thing....kids, clean, kids get to school,change diapers, give baths, clean more, cook, take care of kids...etc....I LOVE being a stay at home mom....I am very grateful to have the chance to stay with them....but with my husband working all the time, i can't fit in gym time, or tanning, or a little bit of shopping, or even just a hot bath by myself. I always head towards the cupboards of the fridge, constantly snacking all day long, every day, i try to lean towards the fruits or veggies, but keep finding myself eating the unhealthy snacks, like at the time im eating im so upset and want to cry because I am eating it... yet I still eat it... I keep gaining more weight and its really starting to effect my life. I want to eat healthier i want to work out more, i want to be healthy again and start losing weight, I can just never find the motivation or time or mental strength to do it.... Just wondering if anyone has had this problem... if so any advice would be very appreciated!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• start a hobby or chew gum to distract you from wanting these snacks.... or drink water. Find a workout video and try to do that at nap time. go out and play with the kids, it's good exercise, or do play dates. GL... I know it's hard but you can do it!

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Hi!

I have this problem to in fact when I read this I thought does she know me haha! What I have been doing is going to the gym just started gold's gym has a kids play area and take kids of all ages! They love going there and I love two hours to myself working towards my health my sanity. I am not skinny by a long shot but I am at least getting time to take a hot shower even if it is at the gym. Good luck and feel free to message me. I am just starting maybe we could help each other.

Regaurdless best of wishes :)

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 9:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Take it from a past SAHM who ate because of bordem. I am over weight with health problems a women at 31 should not be having. I didn't realize until it was too late. But if you could find a hobby, take the kids to the park hell put them in a stroller and go to a park and walk. DON'T BUY the unhealthy snacks, buy only fruits and veggies. Trust me, your kiddos will take after your eating habits because they see what you eat and how you eat. If it's emotional, then seek therapy. I was abused as a child and food was my comfort. That doesn't mean I'm healthier today, but healthier then I was then. Hope this helps you in some way, hang in there and God bless.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Adding fiber to your diet will help curb cravings and keep you feeling fuller longer.
    I take Juice Plus. I actually crave fruits and veggies now and I lost 19 pounds in three months when nothing else worked for me. If you would like more info feel free to contact me. The body will crave more of what you give it...Juice Plus is convenient fruits and veggies in a capsule or soft-chew. It has changed my life.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 10:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You can add a cardio workout into your daily stuff.My son got me an ipod,and i clean ,and dance,and cook and dance its a great workout ,and to your favorite music.And best is nobody see'e me!!!Still can't move like i used to but i still cut a mean rug!!! good luck.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I get the same way sometimes. But then I try on a pair of jeans that I bought 1 size smaller than I wear now, and it makes me motivated to do it. I want to look as awesome as I did when I met my dh, lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm a single mom of two toddlers and have/had much the same issue. NEVER any "me" time. Hell I haven't had a decent, sit-down, hot meal or a shower/bathroom break on my own, in over 3 years. o.O

I was doing great with the gym-time before landing a job, now even that's falling to the wayside. In the meantime what I've done is make everything I do into an exercise. Gotta clean the house? Turn on the radio and dance while you do it. Your kids that are at home will LOVE that and dance around with you. Gotta change the baby? lift them up and down while you take them to the changing table. Gotta give a bath? Turn on the music again, sing while you bathe them, put a little wiggle in your stance while you're bathing them.

Whole point is to try and keep moving as much as possible. And keep the little debbies OUT of the house. If you don't buy them, you can't eat'em ;)

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• mainemusicmaker had good ideas!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2011