I have a B12 def. and i've been told i have Pernicious anemia i am getting monthly b12 shots now (just a lil info)so here comes my question....if you have it...do you feel lightheaded or dizzy alot especially if you lean over??out of breath alot???soooooooooooooo tired all the time?? also any advice you have is appreciated

beccan

Asked by beccan at 9:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Health

• I had that condition too! I ALWAYS felt nauseated and sick...I thought I was suppose to feel better. Good Luck!
    1000moms

Answer by 1000moms at 9:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Yeah you probably would feel like that. Im anemic too (iron-defiency) and Im always tired as well.

And what you have when you bend over and get lightheaded is called "Orthostatic Hypertension" .. I get that all the time too especially bending over trying to get my son out of the bathtub. Tell your doctor about this, maybe he can give you something for those symptoms.
    Domino1125

Answer by Domino1125 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• YES DEFINTLY ON THE TIRED PART AND DIZZY PART. TRY TO GET UP SLOWER AND MAKE SURE YOUR GETTING IRON AS WELL AS THE B12 STUFF. FEEL BETTER SOON
    anozira36

Answer by anozira36 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You can get B12 tablets that you dissolve under you tongue for better absorption. Also I know of a vitamin supplement that is excellent for anemia. It has 90%+ percentage of the minerals which is far more than other supplements. PM me for more information.
    MentorByDesign

Answer by MentorByDesign at 2:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Ive been treated for pernicious anemia. since i was 2. Now im 33 yes it sucks to give your self a shot every month because the pill dont absorb. Towards the end of the month you get very tired cranky ,lighthead,depressed some times chest pains i could go on forever. . but the shot makes you feel so much better. Its kind of funny. I look forward to gettng blood drawn because even though it makes me tired at first it always makes me feel better for acouple days afterwards. I tell my husband that I guess its sucking all thoughs big red cells out of my body. You can def. live a long life with this and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
    jjwatson28

Answer by jjwatson28 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I found out recently that I am anemic, never knew it until the doctor said something. I thought the bruising, headaches, being constantly tired, the limbs numbing all the time and the dizziness were all symptoms of being an over-stressed new mom. I breastfeed so I figured the bruising was just an iron deficiency but I guess that is a form of anemia lol I'm taking a one-a-day vitamin now and I feel a thousand times better, no joke! If you do think you are anemic then I would suggest just getting on an over the counter vitamin, nothing bad will happen if you're not, and scheduling an appointment with your Dr. and letting him know what you were thinking and what you did to help it. He will be happy that you knew what to do and just let him know what was going on with you.
    wannabee_mommy

Answer by wannabee_mommy at 10:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009