Swim lessons for babies.

What's your experience and opinion on them. DD is almost 7 months and I'm contemplating putting her in one.

Averylee85

Asked by Averylee85 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my kids were both in a 7-9 month class. Soooooo much fun! Singing, water dancing, splashing. I highly recommend it !!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• my dd and I started swim lessons when she was 6 months old she is now 6 years old and competing with 12 year olds SHE LOVES IT It was great for her development-- she could swim before she could walk! DS is 4 and swam the same at 6 months old- he is in class with the 6-12 year olds group in the highest level of that group he can go before having to leave -- he is not legally allowed to compete until he's 6 so the swim school is keeping him he does agility now
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I didn't put my DD in swim lessons till 18 months. She did great at first but then her 2nd year she freaked out because a instructor dunked her when she didnt' want to and we stopped going. We started teaching her in my parents pool and she has done AWESOME!!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 9:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I tried with my youngest but it just didn't work. I didn't know at the time he a form of autism called aspergers syndrome...... BUT most everyone in my family had swim lessons for their kids and it was a great idea/experience for all
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Ive never took my kids to water babies
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I want to, my son is 7 months but the only place around here that dose them wont start till 18 months.
    nikkik526

Answer by nikkik526 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010