My 7 mo old is sick

My son has been sick since the 19 th. That day, he was around his cousn who was sick. Two days later I found out the cousin has pnuemonia(sp?). I took him to the doc the next day and they said he just had a cold. Ears were fine too. He still is sick: runny nose, sneezing, coughing, sometimes congested. He doesn't have a fever or even act like doesn't feel well. I don't want him to end up having pnuemonia. What would y'all do?

LogansMamma0511

Asked by LogansMamma0511 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hmmmm. Well if he has no fever and his snot is not green (both sign of infection or progression) then I think I would take a deep breath and wait for a bit. If his condition changes then I would take him in but colds can linger for weeks sometimes. Good luck and he is so cute!

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 9:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thnx :)
    LogansMamma0511

Comment by LogansMamma0511 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Get an humidifier that will help and don't expose him to a very cold temperatures gl to you
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Def. do the humidifier thing. If the snot is not discolored i wouldn't worry to much. But if your concerned maybe see another doctor.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Use the aspirator & humidifier & don't keep it too warm in the house. It breeds bad stuff.
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 9:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would wait it out, as long as no temp. Colds can linger on for quite a while.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010