Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Bumps

what to do about molestation please help adult content

my 6yr old just told me graphically that her older sister whos 12 molests her what the hell do i do? do i call the cops? i called the non emergency # but there was no answer. please help i'm so scared


Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (52)
  • Well dont worry sweetheart you will not lose your girls.. just file a report and the state will help you.. i think you are doing a great job and i know it over whelming with all these answers!! lol but just listen to ME!! i just went threw this with my son and i know how you feel i was PISSED and Then SCARED!! and then i just Cried for hours!! once you talk to the police and go threw the first few steps of fixing this you will feel so much better this is the worst part!! and like i said if you have any questions just ask.. im here for you! i turned to cafemom too when i found out.. and i didnt like half the answers i got to many people being to judgmental and then some really sweet ladies! i wish you all the best!

    Answer by SammiGirl07 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • What do you do right now? You get that 12 year old out of your house. Then you contact the police or social services,

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • omg. This is so horrible, My thought is someone had to teach this older child that. A 12 year old girl child at that will not get these sick ideas herself. Either she has been abused sexually ( and this could happen without your knowledge so don't feel bad) or has some crappy older friends who gave her ideas.

    Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • If you don't call the police they will take both of your children from you, your 12 year old for molesting the 6 year old, and take the 6 year old because you didn't report the 12 year old. You have an obligation to protect your children, even if the offender is your child too. Call the cops right away!

    Answer by badgirl44654 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • Counseling for both of them

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • if the older sister is your kid I'd kick her a@@ and if not I"d call the cops...
    bottom line is you have to protect the 6 year old even if that means someone taking away the 12 year old-- Can the 12 year old go to a grand parent until you can get her into see a psychiatrist

    Answer by MELRN at 9:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • i know that but what do i do right noww? do i call the cops? do i wait til morning and hope someone calls me back?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • the 12yr old is in counseling already she has felony and misdemeanor charges for stupid crap she did at school. i don't want her in my house but right now shes at her grandmas

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • counseling is great but YOU MUST PROTECT the 6 year old NOW... it cant wait until whenever your appointment is

    Answer by MELRN at 9:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • do i call the cops then? what will happen? im so scared for my 6yr old

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010