My Sister

My sister contacted me today for the first time in quite awhile. I haven't seen her in 15 yrs and she doesn't live that far away (or didn't live that far away) I moved out of state with my DH and honestly did not see the point in contacting sis at all. We aren't close,she never can remember my phone number. She can't remember my email (until now?) I really have no reason to stay in touch with her. She always acts likes she is better then I am. She contacted me via email and said I see you moved. Why? I truly don't want to contact her. DH says ignore her she has done nothing but degrade me. So I'm clueless at this point. I have tried to have a relationship with her only to be hurt.I know she is just being nosy. Once I write her back she will start ignoring me again. I dunno?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Toxic people in your life are destructive. It doesn't matter if they are blood relatives or not. Before stepping into the same cycle again I would think long and hard before answering. I had to cut my father off for the same reasons. It was very difficult...right up until it was done. Then there was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Surround yourself with happy, positive people who bring you up :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Ignore her.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Be the bigger one tell her honestly why you moved. If she's just being nosy fine that's her problem. She obviously has under lying reasons for asking but is not capable of expressing it. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If you don't feel like it do not answer if she has not cared to talk you in 15 yrs then there is no point, if contact you is important to her she will contact you again
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would give it a shot...
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 10:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010