Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you call them?

I have two metal decortive corner pieces, that go like in a door way that doesnt have a door you put them at the top..What would you call them?
This is a duh to me question, Iguess..LOL.
I want to put them on ebay, But not sure what they are called?

Answer Question

Asked by bizima4 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

Level 15 (2,172 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • doorway sconces(sp)


    Answer by robinalbright at 5:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

  • Corner decoration for walls

    Answer by vbruno at 6:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

  • are they called cornice? i know what you mean.

    Answer by driftwood at 7:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

  • I thought scones too

    Answer by kabbot01 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

  • lol...sconces!

    Answer by kabbot01 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

  • a cornice. some people refer to them as doorway medallions.

    Answer by JumpingHoops at 12:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

  • You could also call them decorative door corners, like dress-up your doorway. If they are different looking call them unique decorative door corners to ad style and intrest to a room. Or like the other ladies have said, scones, cornice or medallions. You could always look them up at a supply store and see what they call them. Just type in door ? and see what they say, might give you ideas.

    Answer by darlyn63 at 3:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Home & Garden
Pet smells

Next question overall (Money & Work)
How to find information on people