Why does my 2 year old seem to hate his sister so much but love her at the same time?

My 2 year old is a terrorist. Plainly put. When we are inthe car and my spouse and I are with him, he is good, when it's just one of us and him, he is good. But if all 4 of us are in the car, it's heck on earth!!! He throws his shoes at our heads, toys ( which he no longer has) and unbuckles his seat restraint. He can't stand it when she walks into the same room as him. Tonight, she went into the bathroom while he was sitting on his potty and he got so mad at her for going in there, that he stood up and threw his potty out of the bathroom. And it's her bathroom!!! She's not mean to him, she loves him to death, but he either has a huge personal bubble space or he is just a rotten terrorist!!! My spouse wanted to try the ignore the behavior tactic, but it's only gotten worse. I am about at the end of my rope on how to figure this out. Last night, he asked for more ice cream, and I told him no so he threw his spoon at me.
Anyone have any suggestions on this? Is it really just a two year old malfunction? Or what? My daughter NEVER had these issues!!!! And she's now 12!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's called sibling rivalry

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I agree I had 2 terrorist growing up now they love me to death and I love them too
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My 3 years old is kinda like that right now with his sister, but she is 10 months old. He is good to her most of the time, but sometimes he doesn't want her anywhere around or touching him and any of his things.
    Kaydenz_Mom

Answer by Kaydenz_Mom at 11:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2010