Needing a little help with something , please.

I am friends with this guy on Facebook (sort of became friends on accident) and over the past few months, I've developed an interest in him.

He's Christian, single, hilariously funny and the friend we have in common says he's a "great catch". I won't ask him out through Facebook, but I would at least like to let him know I'm interested to push him in the direction of asking ME out. What subtle things can I do to achieve that? We've spoke a tiny bit through chat, but that's it. I know he's looking for a relationship and his friend has confirmed that. I am also single.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Ask him if he wants to hang out sometime.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• That's not really subtle...lol. But, thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I agree.
    Also, what's wrong with just telling him you're interested? Not in a creepy way... but saying something like; "You're really funny! We should hang out in person sometime." or if you're going to go somewhere already invite him along. That's how me and my husband started dating. I was going with my roommates to karaoke one night, and he and I were working together that morning, so I just casually said "What are your plans tonight?" Him- "Nothin' " Me- "Well my friends and I are going to karaoke...wanna come?" Him- "Cool, yeah. Sounds fun."
    Best Wishes!!!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 10:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• The best advice I can give you is to let him do the pursuing. As long as you are friendly, he will know that you are interested. I've been around a very long time, and the really good men like to do the asking out and they don't like to be pushed. So try to be patient and wait for him to make the moves.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• bumpA bump for ya. GL you should go for a coffee date.

mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• have your mutual friend create a get-together with some other people. ask him if he is going.
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 10:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• With respect to NannyB... the good men I've known won't ask if the woman is coy or subtle because they think she playing a game. They like DIRECT... say precisely what you want.

The way my hubby puts it? "You want to date someone? ASK THEM OUT, for Pete's sake!"

Answer by gdiamante at 11:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Then ask him out!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i AGREE WITH RACHWELL so set it up but be behind the scene or do coffee date with his friend get the in scoop on him than have him / her work it out for u guys :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• if he is interested he will let u know. men usually go after what they want.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2010