Switching to Cloth

For anyone who has switched to cloth - what "I wish I'd known THAT when I started" tips do you have??

I have 2 in diapers and am changing in the next few weeks - the diapers were ordered last night :)

AAAMama

Asked by AAAMama at 10:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got all my info from the website www.jilliansdrawers.com
    I must have tried 10 different kinds before I found the kind I like. I first started using dipers I got off ebay, I tried the Sunbaby pocket diapers and hated them. They leak on the waist for boys, and on the legs. I finally found an awesome pocket diaper- BumGenius 4.0 One Size diapers. I went with the ones with snaps not velcro. Velcro is a pain in the butt, you have to always make sure the tabs are closed before washing. I will only buy One size diapers, they will fit your baby from newborn till potty training. The pocket diapers also dont cause diaper rash like the junky prefold diapers. Pocket diapers have a soft fleece liner that keeps the baby dry. Also, make sure you dont use the wrong detergent. I have always used Rockin Green detergent, if you go to their facebook page thet answer questions and have giveaways.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I always used cloth. never tried disposables except on trips and I never liked them. Helps to have a reliable washing machine !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Do you have the diaper covers? don't get the ones with elastic they will rip easy also avoid bleach when you wash them if you need to remove stains from them use lemon and sun.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Another thing you might not knw id that you cant use diaper creams with cloth diapers, it will ruin them.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010