Need help with conception/pregnancy problem (may be TMI) adult content

A good friend of about 7 years just found out that she is pregnant, but there is one problem... she's not sure who the father is. I'm no expert, in fact, I have no clue how these things work, so I told her that I would ask around for help.

So in September, she hung out with Jake, another friend of ours and they ended up sleeping together. She said he pulled out and afterwards, it took him about 5 extra minutes to finish. About 3 weeks later, she ended up getting back together with an on/off boyfriend, Thomas, to try to "work things out" and start their relationship over again. She started her period Octoberber 8th, which is normal for her, it usually comes around the 8th of each month, then on October 21st, her ovulation predictor said she was most fertile, and on October 22nd it said she was no longer ovulating. She then waited until November 5th, 3 days before her period was due to start,took a pregnancy test and the results were positive.

She had her first exam with her OB on December 11th and they said she was a month pregnant.

She's extremely confused on who the father is. would it be Jake? or Thomas?

tcervantes

Asked by tcervantes at 10:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Id go with Thomas but no one will know until a paternity test is done.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If she had her period in november then its not jake's kid if by december she is only 1 month it has to be Thomas because has been more than 2 months since she was with jake.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• probably thomas
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• First, pulling out doesn't work because every time the penis goes in it releases small amounts of sperm. But if the doctor says she's about a month along and she had a period in October then I would think that the baby is for whoever she was with after her period in October.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thanks for the help. I said Thomas, but she's freaking out, and I dont really know about this stuff, so it really helps.
    tcervantes

Comment by tcervantes (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• She can have the doctor date the pregnancy with an internal ultrasound, they do that for women with irregular periods to get an accurate due date for them, if she talks to her OB she can ask if the will do that, it will give her the exact date that she conceived if she only had sex with one guy within 3 days of that date she will know who the father of the baby is.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 8:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Probably Thomas, but only a paternity test will say for sure.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010