If my c-section incision is closed up, do I still need to be worried about watching for an infection?

Colletta

Asked by Colletta at 10:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• Not that I know of. My dr said that if I got home and had a fever within the first few days then to worry about infection. anything is poss but if its def closed then I wouldnt worry about it. Im sure youre in the clear. Just keep it clean and if you have massive pain and/or fever then Id worry
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• also any type of puss/discharge is not a good sign either. But again dont worry your prob past any issues that COULD happen
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

And by that I mean from the incision lol not your vagina
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If it's closed, no.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• not unless its more tender than usual.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:09 AM on Dec. 30, 2010