Am i the only one who thinks that turning people away from funerals is wrong????

So long story short a close friend has past and the mother of his child is telling people who can attend his wake & funeral and to me thats just not right! We are all there for the same reason there is no need for all this extra drama idk what do you guys think is it ok for her to turn away close friends, ex gf's that want to attend? by the way when he past they were not together

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• It's none of her damn business.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• if she's in charge of the funeral arrangements, being the next-of-kin, i'm afraid there's not much you can do. visit his gravesite afterwards, make your peace, and forget about the drama.
    if she's not in charge ,but just blowing her mouth loudly, go. and be mature enough to be respectful to the attendees, and not cause or add to drama she may start.
    be the better woman.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• if she's paying for it i guess she gets to do the planning, if not then i would flat out tell her off
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sometimes there is reason NOT to have someone at a funeral. It happened a few times in my family, because of feuds between some family members who absolutely did NOT understand boundaries. To me it's not unhard of not let people come to a funeral. THREATS are another matter. I would AVOID this funeral because of that; going would cause a scene and dishonor the dead. Just skip it.

Those of you who cannot attend the funeral can always have your own memorial at any time and not tell her.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Wow, is all I can say. Unreal the audacity.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think you would want the more people to show up and show how loved a person was or is.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I agree with you. Some ppl are just mean.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Shes obvi a control freak. Its up to those friends to decide whether they are going or not. Def a shitty situation but not worth getting involved in unless someone asks for advice
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Exactly & she has turned so many people away or made threats so they wont even think of showing up it is so sad
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• In that situation I would say it is wrong. But how is she going to keep the people away?
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 10:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010