So, would you have been offended or hurt?

The husband and I went to see How Do You Know today at the movies. We were having a really nice day and were enjoying being together. So in the middle of the movie he says "This would be better with Angelina Jolie in it". I got really sad! I don't know why. It felt like no matter how good our day was he was thinking of some ugly horse-butt lips slut.
I actually teared up and he immediately apologized and professed his undying love but the situation hurt me. He usually never mentions other women but I am just super sensitive I guess.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 10:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Just sounds like he was making a suggestion that she would be a better actress, than whom ever was in the movie. i doubt he was trying to hurt your feelings though. Sounds like you are feeling a little bit sensitive, but I don't think you have anything to worry about! :-)
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 10:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Angelina is a home wrecker and anorexic. I would not get offended.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I wouldnt let it get to you. Especially since he apologized. Im the same way though. Once dh and I went to rent a movie and he said "Lets get this b/c Angelina Jolie shows her tits in it!" I was soo upset and that was a longggg time ago but def still hurt. Its just us woman getting emotional and our dumbass men that need to keep their mouthes shut! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Men never understand the way a woman thinks or why she feels the way she feels they have all had those moments & days just think of it like this Will he ever meet her? have the chance to sleep with her? Most likely no dont take it personal all men have a celeb crush as do we
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• How is this offensive? He'd have preferred to see her on the big screen. It isn't like she's available to be in his bed. It isn't like we don't all look at actors and actresses in movies and think that "so - n - so" would have been better. Like personally, ANY ONE is better than Tom Cruise in movies.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No I wouldnt be offended
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't have gotten upset. Maybe he was just feeling weird about watching (and enjoying) a chick flick and needed to say something to feel a little more manly and criticize. Just because he says it would be better with Angelina doesn't mean anything beyond that necessarily. Give him the benefit of the doubt and let it go.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 10:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sounds like he didn't mean anything by it. You're probably right that you were just super senditive. He did apologize nicely. With some men, that would have started an argument, but it sounds like he realized it hurt you and wanted to make ammends. Sounds to me like you've got a good man there, but he is still a man. They don't realize that some of the things they say hurt us. I think he's learning though.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• it wouldn't have bothered me one bit. he knows i think every movie would be better with liam neesom..heck, i even watch 'LWW' just to hear his voice as the Lion.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am having one of those days too. Anything could upset me today.
    Anonymous