What does your water breaking feel like?

I am 30 weeks, don't think mine is, just curious what to expect.

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It feels like you're peeing and it doesn't stop until you have your baby so make sure you have some pads in your purse unless you want to look like you peed your pants on your way to the hospital.. You may not end up needing it (a lot of women don't experience their water breaking like they show in the movies.. they just go into labor with contractions).. but if you're water does break while you're at the store or work, you're going to wish you had a pad in your purse!! I hope this helps!
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 10:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It depends. My first pregnancy, it was just a constant little dribble. I kinda thought i was having bladder issues. The second time, I heard and felt the pop and there was a hush gush of fluid that left me in NO DOUBT of what just happened.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• some womens water never breaks. Others is a gush. For me it was a trickle. it felt like warm water running down my leg
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I didn't feel anything but wet.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It feels like you're peeing and it doesn't stop until you have your baby so make sure you have some pads in your purse unless you want to look like you peed your pants on your way to the hospital
    ______________
    yeah, mine went so hard that no pad in the world could have stopped it. I put a pad on, changed my pants and went to the hospital. When I got out of the car at the hospital it gushed again and I walked into the hospital with wet pants. I figured that I was walking into a hospital extremely pregnant with wet pants, no one would think I peed my pants, they would think my water broke. My DH got a wheel chair and I put my overnight bag on my lap. When we got to L&D the nurse said "OK, let's check to make sure it really is your water breaking" I lifted up the bag and when she saw my pants she said "Never mind, let's just get you to a room"
    I nearly died laughing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Its like your peeing on yourself, lol over and over again.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• For me with my first two my water broke as I was in active labor. With my third I felt this pop like a balloon popping but no gush no nothing so I thought for sure I just imagine things. We headed to the hospital because we lived and hour away and my second labor was 2 hours long. Sure enough it was my water.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• With my first, it felt like a big pop and then I felt a gush. With my second, I was pushing when my water broke.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• depends for me it was like a slow trickle and was not constant. It felt like I waspeeing on myself! After hoursof this finally it gushes...sorry tmi!!! I never even pee on myself this was with my first so I found it odd so finally I went to the ER and they are like oh yeah your in labor...LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I felt like I was having a VERY heavy period...
    I leaked a lot everyday, using up a couple of boxes of maxi pads daily.
    Warm, wetness coming from up there.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010