How long do you think you should wait to have another baby after having one?

What do YOU think is the right time? I think I am going to wait at least 5yrs. Put my baby in school first. Figured it would be easier...

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine are three years apart, while it wasn't precisely planned that way it has worked out really well. She potty trained right before baby brother arrived, is a good little big helper and generally just lvoes the heck out of baby brother.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 10:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my first, I thought 4 years was good. Then I couldn't get pregnant in that time frame. My boys are 6 years apart and it works for us.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• A year. I believe it is easier to bear and raise children when you are young . Also they will have grown up and maybe started their own families well before you retire.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think the answer is different for each parent.....My 2nd was born when my first was 4, and I had my 3rd when they were teens....worked for us......my only regret is that I did not have more....I would have loved to have at least one more...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Mine are also almost exactly three years apart and I love it. It works great for me!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Many experts say that 4 years is good, so if 5 years is your choice, that sounds good. Mine were 8 years apart, not by choice. It worked out well, but I think it would have been easier it they had been a little closer in age.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I like 3-4 years difference. A lot of people do 2 years apart, but I don't think I could do terrible 2's, potty training and a new baby. 5 years is too long for me. A 4 year old can help a lot, and will be pretty self sufficient even if they aren't quite in school yet.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 10:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We chose and love a year and a half a part. They are best of friends and so close in age it is great. We have 3 little ones and another on the way and I would not do it any other way.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I wanted to wait until DD went to school also, but now my DD is 2 and I am pregnant..................oops
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Mine are a little less than 4 yrs apart. Whatever gap works best for you. Just keep in mind your body physically requires about 1 yr to fully recover from the stress and strain of pregnancy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2010