Socially Awkward husbands...

Does anyone else have one?
Seriously, I used to be SO SOCIAL and so open and non judgemental and I feel like I'm him now. I get nervous and I don't know how to converse in social situations as effectively as I used to....
So what do you do with a socially awkward husband? I've been trying to get him to talk to people and have manners (please and thank you).
Once he feels comfortable, unless the other person leads the convo to interesting subjects, all he does is talk about himself or negative things. UGH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• We can both be socially awkward.....I do notice that social skills do take practice and can be lost and have to be rebuilt again when I avoid social situations for long periods of time.....does your husband want to be more social? If not, I'd just let him be himself and accept him as is...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Not really. He's a goofy guy and uses that to break the ice a lot.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Does he want to change, or do you want him to change? Just saying that you really can't change a person unless that is what they want. Maybe it is just who he is, and you should let it go.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 8:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• my husband is anti social, doesn't like people. i don't either really, but i am more of a social butterfly than him. it sux sometimes, but i luv him for who he is anyways.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• he might just enjoy being the observer than the life of the party that's all...
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2010