Why do shitty things happen to great people...

On Saturday night/Sunday Morning my husbands Grandmother passed away. She did live a very strong and long life she was 87 years old. She was Grandpa's whole life and all he had to hold onto. He too passed away today. His heart was broken and he just couldn't hold on anymore. I know he is at peace with her and they are both together now, but they were like parents to my husband and this is the worst thing he has ever had to deal with. I lost my Father and Step-Mother 2 1/2 years ago so I understand what he is going through. I am trying hard to be strong for him but it is hard. I know that it is just all part of life but it really sucks!

CarlieJS

Asked by CarlieJS at 10:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I would say 87 is a wonderful amount of life she had to live. Although there is that loss.....he had the honor of having them in his life. Look to the positive side of things. Celebrate their life~!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Awww. My condolences to you as well as him and his family.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Shitty things happen to all people, good or bad....I'm sorry that you and your husband are going through this....don't worry about being strong for him.....show your emotions and cry together if you have to,.....I have lost a lot of people through death in the past few years...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• bad things happen to good people to help you realize how strong you really are
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It's life. My condolences.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I Agree with c a blonde. they lived a full life. even though he loved them dearly it should not be a shock to him that they passed on. 87 is really old. it would be a bit different if they had passed away at 65. hope he finds consolation in the good memories.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2010