are they trying to drive me crazy?!?!

ok, so i had an ultrasound at 18 weeks-last tuesday-and found out im having a girl. the doctor told me everything looked great and then she said BUT...theres a small cyst on her brain, but dont worry it should be fine. So they sent me to get a more clear ultrasound done at the hospital 4 days later. This doctor says he dosnt see any cyst on her brain, that it must have dissolved (sigh!) however he says BUT...I do see a spot on her liver but hopefully it will just resolve itself and come back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound. My God, i know they are just trying to be thorough, but all they are doing is freaking me out! They keep saying everything looks great, BUT.....im sick of having them scare me more than i already am! anyone else ever feel this way? its soooo frustrating!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They just want to cover their own behinds in case something goes wrong get another opinion and do not mention anything unless the doctor say he sees something.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I went through a horrible experience in October. I'm pregnant with my first. And when I got the blood test done for genetic disorders. They called me and told that my baby was high risk for Down syndrome. I'm 23 and no one in mine or my SO's family has any disorders, so it really freaked me out. It was, by far, the worst three weeks of my life waiting for my level 2 u/s. They originally said it was a 1/67 chance then after they did the u/s they doubled it to 1/134. But that wasn't good enough for me. I couldn't go the rest of my pregnancy not knowing. So I had an amniocentesis done and turned out my baby is perfectly healthy. Thank god! Good luck to you and your baby.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Aw that is kinda messed up... :(
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Sorry to hear that mama. They told my friend that her baby had a spot on his liver and he was born premature (due to other reasons) but when they checked him after birth his liver was fine.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 12:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2010