Praising Jesus Christ

There's more to praising God than thanking Him for what He's done. you praise Him for who He is. but if you think about it, everything He is is something toward doing something for us. He's our provider, prince of peace, reigns in victory (gives us the victory), Forgiving, understanding, ect. so how do you praise Him for who He is, without just thanking Him? My pastor said thanking is just the beginning of praising Him, but after that is a deeper praise, where you just thank him for who He is, not what He did for you. (then the deeper part is worship of course) so how do you praise Him for who He is without thanking Him for what He's done? do i even make sense???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I actually listen to praise music. Very powerful!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't do church, but have felt that feeling of absolute bliss when things have just fell into place. That feeling of things are going to be ok. And I actually thank God at those moments. One of them was when I was going to sleep and just felt peace from a hard day at work, washing tubs at a pizza parlor.
    Maybe not what you mean, but I worded it the best way I could.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 11:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I listen to praise music also. And I look for him in everything. I agree with the statement but looking at it lately my praise has been more thankful than banything. But that is something to take a look at.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 11:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I like what you are saying. Sometimes I just bask in His presence. I tend to do all the "talking" during prayer time, but I think it is good to just be in awe of Him in silence. Ask Him for a hug! If you know and love Him, you can feel His embrace.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:05 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• What about praise through actions? Rather than simply being thankful, strive to be Christlike. I've always liked the saying about preaching the Gospel wherever you go, using words only when necessary!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:07 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I thank him a lot, but I also just ask to feel His presence, tell Him that's He's wonderful and amazing and just totally awesome!
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 12:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I thank Him often, talk to Him daily and Praise Him forever.
    When I praise Him it is because of who He is. For instance...

I praise you Father for being the light unto my path, I praise you Jesus for being the Prince of Peace in my Life, I praise you for you are the I AM... the Lion, the Lamb.... Hallelujah!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have many instances in my life than I have actually sat back and said out loud, "Thank you LORD." for something I felt was done to spare me from harm at that particular moment. Sometimes, it also may be something I see done to me as a kindness, and I say the same. There are many times and places I'd bet many people don't even stop and think of the little things in life that they can and should be thankful for. If they are, do many actually say "Thank you LORD." when it's done or did they even take notice that it was done?
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I left his worthless ass--along with his worthless church--when he failed me time after time after time after time. IMO, a diety should have a purpose BEYOND sitting on his shiny throne in heaven, watching his "children" suffer and struggle while doing nothing for them. He has done NOTHING to deserve praise or respect or love from me. And your desperate evangelizing in a QUESTIONS forum only makes me feel sorry for you.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• nope. :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2010