diaper sizes.....

im only half way through my pregnancy, but at some point i'd like to stock up on some diapers before the baby comes as i don't drive and dont want to run out with a newborn if i cant get to a store. so i was wondering, i know newborns come in all sizes--is there a certain size diaper i should stock up on? i'd hate to buy too much of something that she will outgrow and have wasted money. any advice would be great, this is my first, thanks!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would get some newborn size and size 1 to start out. I have never ran out of diapers. You normally always make sure you have some in the house.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• usually newborn and size 1 then 2 you'll go through the most...I did anyway. I went through more 1s in the beginning than anything. My daughter has always been up a size...super chunky :) when she was born.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• my kids never stayed in newborn size longer than a mos. my kids grew faster than most tho! lol
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I wouldnt buy too many newborns they usually tend to out grow them faster, i would buy more of size one and two.
    However, i know wal mart will let you exchange diapers for a different size even without a reciept
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• size 1 or 2 but if u keep them unopened until u use them u can always exchange for a bigger size.
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 11:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• thanks for the tip about walmart lovingmy3girls, i was wondering about that cuz alot of places i asked said there are no exchanges on diapers--which i think is dumb if the pack isnt opened!
    dez1379

Comment by dez1379 (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• With my children they grew out of newborn size in about a week. Therefore, I suggest stocking up in size one more then newborn.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:03 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Buy a box or two of newborn sized. You tend to want to use a lot of diapers in the first few weeks, especially with your first. My little guy outgrew the newborn size within the first two weeks. We also had a box of size 1's. He used those for another two weeks. I had an extra box that I didn't end up using. I gave them to a friend who had a baby right after me. Don't stress too much! If worse comes to worse and you run out, you can always improvise with a kitchen towel until you can get to the store!
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 2:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Don't buy too many newborn, my boy out grew it in two wks. Buy more of sz 1 and 2.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 3:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• yea i would get maybe 1 box of newborns an 2 boxes of size 1 ( i have 2 kids and when i was pregnant with number2 i went an bought 2 boxes of newborn when she was born at 7lbs an there were tight by the end of the month and we had over 100 newborns :) )
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2010