spellings of names.....

what is up with people trying to find these complicated ways of spelling their childrens names?! i am all for unique and different names but its nice when you can look at a name and know what it is and how to pronounce it--rather than looking at it and thinking, "hmmm, what name is this and how do i say it without offending the parents?" parents, please, whether you pick a traditional or unique name PLEASE spell it wisely! remember, your child will soon have to write their own name and you dont want them confused...just an opinion

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Baby Names

• I agree however my dd is Isabella I sometimes wish I spelled it Izabella.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:03 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I agree dez, I have to say peoples names all day and I slaughter 1/4th of them because of the spelling. People think it's cute to jazz up a name and it's really a pain in the ass.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• honestly we r running out of original names to begin with..its easy for kids to learn sounds so if u spell names as it sounds its easy for them to learn and stops the confusion for example shawn can be spelt sean always messed me up but for something unique try to find a middle name that flows with the first like summer dawn or bobby joe or like my son dallas ray but try to call them by thier first name more often than anick name consistancy is key
    iamthekey

Answer by iamthekey at 3:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I agree with you 100%!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I like when people spell names in a unique way. My name is rather plain and the spelling is the only thing that makes it stand out. People always say it wrong but if you look at it, it really is spelled how it sounds. Teah is said (t-ah) and I'm constantly called (tay-ah) or tea or just tay. It doesn't bother me, just makes me wonder if the people know how to sound things out phonetically.
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 10:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Totally agree. The simpler the better for everyone.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2010