Am I the only one that wants a LOT of kids anymore?

Everyone acts like I am crazy for wanting 6 kids. To me, there is nothing better than children...

TitusMom7

Asked by TitusMom7 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have 5 kids (10, 9, 8, 4 1/2 and 5 months) and get a lot of rude comments from people (like "don't you know where they come from" and "can't you keep your legs closed") like having a big family is something to prevent and be ashamed of. It's really annoying. We didn't plan any of our kids, they just happened and I can't imagine life without any of them no matter how much they drive me insane on a daily basis (my oldest has behavior issues and acts like a 2yo).
    I just ignore people now. I'm a SAHM and my husband makes enough to support us. We may never have new furniture or nice things and only have 1 car, don't take vacations and won't pay for college for our kids but we get by, have a house, food, clothes, etc.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have 4, and emotionally I wouldn't be able to handle anymore. I say, if you have the desire, and the means physically and financially to take care of them go for it!
    I love my kids!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I always wonder why anyone would have more than 2. To each their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No you're not alone - Quiverfull parenting/family lifestyle is growing in popularity. And it's not just because of the Duggars. :)

We have 6 and I can't promise that we're finished :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 12:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• We always joke that we didn't want them to outnumber us. I only ever wanted two children, and we're DONE. Really though, six may seem like a lot, but it wasn't that long ago that people were having a dozen children. I would never want six children, but I don't think it's so far out of the ordinary, either. If it makes you and your family happy, go for it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• i would love a big family.. i love kids... i want 4 of each. named, caleb,carson,carter,cayden BOYS<<<<<<
    Caryl,Cassidy,Cameron,Callie GIRLS<<<<<<<<<<<
    ponyland

Answer by ponyland at 12:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think its more of the expenses that they bring.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Well I would love to have six kids! I would really want to pay for their education too! It is gonna be really tight for me and my husband for the next 4 years paying for Colleges so no more kids for us.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Just as long as you can afford them and have the time, patience and energy required, go for it. IMO, you can never do for or with more children than you can do for/with fewer children. There are only 24 hours in each day. We had 2 (23,20)- I am glad that we did not have any more. Kids, especially college-aged kids, are expensive.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• 6 sounds good to me! The hubby says no though, so one more and we are done. He said 3 is enough :(
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2010