Specifically, with cited examples, which policy or combination of policies of the former President Bush

do you blame for current economic climate?

Also, please explain which, specifically and with cited examples, policies Obama has enacted that fixed this.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:14 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• popcorn

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• LOL, NP! Here we go again, Yes I do blame Bush & Cheney for this mess we're in! Why go after Sadam Hussein, when clearly it was Osama Bin Laden that was responsible for the WTC. Bush was Hell bent at finishing what daddy started and By God he did. We should have focused our sites strictly on Afghanistan and I feel we would have achieved our goal and captured that bastard Bin Laden. Obama is a huge let down for me, he hasn't done squat as far as I can see, except to confuse the Hell out of people whether it be the war, health crisis, economy etc.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Fiscally speaking, I can start with Bush's stimulus that didn't work the way it was supposed to. Then we can fast forward to TARP which set a precedent for the current administration's spending habits. I don't feel that any of Obama's fiscal policies have helped our country, in fact I feel that they have compounded the problem by massive amounts. I think what baffles my mind is when every single fiscal program they supposedly create to help those in need backfires, they claim that it was 'unexpected'. I guess that's what you get when someone 'unqualified' is running the show.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• What comes to mind immediately~Bush Stimulus(es), Medicare revamp, TARP, And Bush not pressing harder on Fannie and Freddie reform/regulation. He, McCain, and repubs should have come down harder on Barney Frank. Charles Rangel, and other dems( hrmmmm how many trillions has that cost taxpayers and where is the housing market, today?).... Obama has added more to the problem than he has helped, IMO.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• LMAO!!! NP that was just soooo funny!!!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• they claim that it was 'unexpected'

So many things now days seem to be 'unexpected' by these so called "experts, authorities and leaders". It does not seem to matter what is being talked about, it always seems to be "unexpected". I think maybe we need to start finding some people who are smart enough to expect the unexpected and have backup plans when it happens!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Fighting 2 wars at horrendous cost and bringing in tax cuts while doing it .

Further deregulation of the financial markets in particular which was the root cause of the current recession.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 3:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I blame Dave Ramsey.
    He convinced people to stop shopping and start hoarding.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes I do blame Bush & Cheney for this mess we're in! Why go after Sadam Hussein, when clearly it was Osama Bin Laden that was responsible for the WTC. Bush was Hell bent at finishing what daddy started and By God he did.

Yes. we could have ignored Saddam and let him continue to fund terror with UN oil for food money and he would likely have the WMD's he was in search of and perhaps a nuke by now.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Further deregulation of the financial markets in particular which was the root cause of the current recession.

This is just a blanket statement, explain how exactly he did this.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2010