What do you mommies do when nothing seems to work?

I am so tired of dicipling my kids nothing seems to phase them absolutely nothing!!! I give up...ugh!!!
Ages (7&9) thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• standing in the corner with hands up... took away toys i try to avoid yelling and i dont do whoopings
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 1:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Put them in opposite sides of the room with their noses to the wall. They can stay there until they understand why they're standing against the wall. Keep them there for minutes according to their age (seven minutes and nine minutes) and the time doesn't start until they're both calmed down and quiet. If, after their time, they can't figure out why they're standing with their nose to the wall, tack on another seven and nine minutes accordingly.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• First, I pray. Then once I've calmed down, I talk with my son and remind him that he will lose a toy or a priveledge like going to the library for a week. Works every time!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 2:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• grounding them from t.v and video games worked great for my now 13 yr. old. She had to earn them back by doing extra house work or modeling appropriate behaviors. It's hard to be consistent but that's one thing that I found worked best. good luck
    laevans

Answer by laevans at 3:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2010