Credit Card Question??

We had a card through GE Banks. We purchased our tv on it, it had no interest. We paid it off a month after we purchased the TV. (Tax return) Anyway. I just got a letter stating that the account had been closed due to our lack of use and poor credit, late payments. Since I only bought the TV on it, and paid it off within the time period will it go against our credit rating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• they could be referring to your credit history/report - if you have problems with other loans or credit cards, they will use those details to assess your current account - but just to be safe, you may want to check your credit report to make sure that someone did not get and change details of that card and are using it fraudulently

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 5:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I just heard this question last week, and I can't remember where!!!! Anyways, if a card isn't active every few months, buying something little on it and paying it off, the company eventually closes it. I would think it was closed to your lack of use...not the other reasons too. They just list all of those reasons in one chunk I've noticed in letters. Call the card to double check.
    If you are worried about fraud and all that, we signed up for Life Lock at lifelock.com for the info to research it. It is ten dollars a person per month, sometimes they have a deal. So we actually pay $8 per person a month and can add the baby for a few extra dollars.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm going off topic of the question, but to the person that said they use Life Lock, I don't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that the guy that invented it was being sued b/c his own identity has been stolen like 20 times. I may be confusing that with another service, but you might want to check that out, just in case. I'm sorry, I wish I could remember where I read it, I know that would be a lot more helpful to you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yes I read that to

Anonymous

• on the life lock deal - wow - going to have to research that since I have life lock
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 7:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• ok - found stuff on the life lock deal - and i must say i am still happy i have the service - yes life lock has been  sued- however, by a credit agency that offers a similar deal. Life lock does not guarantee your id wont be stolen, what they do guarantee is if it does - they fight for you and guarantee all, fraud up to 1 million dollars. my brother was a victim of id theft and he is still fighting with the credit card and bank companies, after 2 years - i know off the topic - sorry - but wanted to put it out there since it was brought up

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 7:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• That's ok, i have never heard of life lock. I will do some research on it. Thanks. I spoke with DH about it, he thinks it is from lack of use also. He says it has been a year since we charged on it.
    I guess my memory is going the same way as my boobs......south. :( --OP
    Anonymous

• not sure but cc's are EVIL. lol

i have 2 $500 credit limit cards.. which i now owe $1000 on each and still going... i dont have NO money to pay on em.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008