Ladies, a little help, please......

Ladies, I need some solid advice. My husband and I have been having HUGE issues in our marriage. He's talked with a lawyer and we've started filling out the paperwork. He talks to me like there's nothing wrong, but he can't tell me if he wants the divorce or to stay married. He's told me that I should find out who I am without him, and gave me permission to leave and that I don't owe him anything because he's been a b*****d. That being said, I've fallen for another man. I've known him for several years. He's kissed me and groped me. Nothing beyond that. But I've given him my cell number, and we've talked about getting together. When I feel I'm ready to take the plunge into the life of a divorced mom, I start having doubts. With the severity of the problems, I should. I need advice please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I think you answered your own question. You just said " With the severity of the problems, I should."
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• IMO...you should never hook up with another man for quite a while after a divorce! There's too much "dirty laundry" if ya know what I mean after a divorce. Getting into another relationship will only complicate things. Enjoy being single, take care of yourself and find out what you REALLY want. You'll be happier and then you can look for someone to COMPLIMENT you :) Think about the kids, you're their example. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• You're right to feel scared, it will be a huge change! However, it sounds like you have no reason to stay married, either.

I would definitely wait before jumping into another relationship, even though it seems you've already started. Focus on the kids for awhile, and how they'd feel about a new man in their lives so soon. If this guy is really great for you, he'll understand and wait!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Slow wayyyyyyy down on the relationship with the other man. You need your head very clear to deal with the divorce. Even when the divorce is final, you will be nowhere near ready for another relationship emotionally. You might even think you are when you're not! Plus, having another man in the picture can complicate things even more. You've got your kids to deal with and custody issues, etc. The list goes on. Focus on just the divorce for now. It's not going to be easy, no matter if you two are civil.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2008