is it too much to ask?

to be loved unconditionally and more than any other woman on earth by one man?

i do not expect to be the light in everyone's world.. but its sad when i dont even feel like the light of my husbands world..

yes i know that its super cool to "get as many as you can" etc etc ... brag about how smooth you are.. but when you say I DO that means I DO PROMISE TO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE THE WOMAN OF MY WORLD,, not like I got lucky to be with you and you could be with any other woman you wanted... bc you keep up this act and you will get to RE"pick" if thats how you feel because believe you me, you werent the only option I had.. thank you.

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you treat him like his is the only man in the world every single day?
    Do you treat him as if he is your guiding light every single day?
    Do you treat him like he's your Prince Charming and White Knight all rolled up into one every single day?

It's not an issue of him always treating you in some fairy tale manner. A marriage takes 2 people working together. Therefore, you must treat him in this fairy tale manner if that's how you want him to treat you. One can not expect to be treated like they are queen of a man's world, while treating him like he is not the King of their's.

Receiving unconditional love is not the end all be all of love.. GIVING unconditional love is the true essence of end all be all love.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Tam- she asked a question its not just a vent!
    N i feel u some men just dont no when to grow up they still trying to please there "BOYS" and be "COOL" when u gave all that up when u put the ring on my finger u shouldnt stress it though what goes around comes around and ur too special to be feeling down u husband should be the one that makes u smile and happy gud luck moma :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel. I bend over backwards everyday for my man. I have had his 3 beautiful children and have given him nothing more then unconditional love. For some reason.. he feels I need to know all about the past gfs and lovers. He makes me feel as if I should be doing something different or more.. like them.. instead of making me feel like im his beautiful significant other who he chose to be with over all those other woman!

It is not AT ALL.. to much to want to be loved unconditionally. Every woman, no matter wheres shes at, or who she is with.. specially married.. should feel like she is the only one he wants to hold at night, the only one he wants to kiss, and the only one he wants to cry in front of, embrace life with, smile at, or even blow kisses goodbye too. You deserve that and I hope you find those moments with him because Im sure you deserve those moments!!!
    heatherjmk

Answer by heatherjmk at 1:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It's not too much to ask. I've been married twice. My first husband treated me like a piece of furniture. My current husband treats me like I am the center of the universe. It's an amazing feeling.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• The truth of the matter is that real life love isn't like the movies or fairy tales. Hardly anyone finds their "soul mate" and live happily ever after. It's more realistic for people these days to weigh their relationship and ask the question "can I live with you for the rest of my life" and if the answer is even "maybe" then people get married. It's sad but it's true. True love, the love of your life, your soul mate- whatever you want to call it may be out there. But odds are you won't find it. Take the happiness where you can get it. If it's over with your husband/partner its over. Try to find someone new. Enjoy the honeymoon period where everything is exciting and repeat.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 9:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I know I sound super cynical- I've just witnessed a LOT of relationships and been through enough of them myself. When the shine wears off and they see you without your make up- unshaven and disheveled and you see their spending habits, flirtatious nature and dirty underwear is the magic still there? Probably not. But if its better than what you could have with someone else its worth it.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 9:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Sounds like a good vent. You should try posting vents here.  Sorry he's a douche that doesn't make you feel loved.

_Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2010