how can i get my step daughter (shes 3) to go to the bathroom without throwing a fit?

jheebsgirl07

Asked by jheebsgirl07 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have gotten a lot of advice on this one. Our problem is not tantrums but she does not go unless you ask her or tell her to. She just goes on herself. One of the things we do is offer one piece of candy each time she goes. After a while she might be more willing to go. We ask Cheyenne, "You want to earn your candy?" and she goes straight to the bathroom. It hasn't worked on the potty training all together, but it might help your step daughter on her willingness to try.
    Bigmama4Jesus

Answer by Bigmama4Jesus at 7:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Let her know that big girls use the potty, and when she does give her a treat. then she will want that and it will get her started
    nikki_chelle22

Answer by nikki_chelle22 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Ugh, I wish I knew. My 4 year old still throws fits when I tell him to go, and he's been potty trained well over a year. :(
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2008