How do I get rid of the Binky?!

Both my 2 year old and 5year old use a pacifier, usually only at night, but I dont know how to get rid of it without a HUGE fight...

RockerMomToTwo

Asked by RockerMomToTwo at 1:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• For my two older boys, right around age 2, I just threw them away. That was the end. I didn't care that they cried for it, they eventually fell asleep and it only took 2 days for them to be over it. My youngest is 1 and I plan to do the same. Just toss them away!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• yeah i agree, throw them away. there will be tears, but putting it off won't make it easier for them. just get it over with, good luck!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Tell them its time you give them to the paci fairy
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Likessteph, we had the Binky Fairy come one night while my DD was asleep. (we told her that night it was going to happen.) The Binky Fairy took her binky away, but left her a toy- in her case, a doll. End of binky!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 9:09 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Toss them. The first couple of nights will be tough, but it'll get better after that.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 9:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Cut the tips off all of the binkies and gradually cut them smaller. I have not done this, but I have heard it works.
    azpreemiemom

Answer by azpreemiemom at 12:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• you will just have to do it and endure it.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I cut my son's . It worked wonderfully. I just told him I didn't know what happened and that it was broken.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I haven't heard of cutting it, but makes sense. Otherwise, it's tough, but I think tossing them is the best way. They won't like it, but they'll forget about them eventually. Just be sure to throw them out and not stash them somewhere 'cause it's easy to cave in when they're crying!
    Cafe Kristin

Answer by Cafe Kristin at 11:09 AM on Jan. 28, 2011