ATTN single moms: Am I the only one?

I had to get out of the abusive relationship that I was in. My son is only 9 months old. I have him in a much happier and loving atmosphere now. However, he is always crying, and always throwing tentrum-tantums. His father used to come out more often, but I had to limit it to once a week, for the safty of my son. This week he chose not to even come over. My son gets worse as time goes on. His father wasnt really around in the first place going out and drinking all the time. Yet, my son wont sleep through the night anymore... but he was sleeping through the night since he was 2 weeks old. I dont understand. Is there anyone who can help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is possible that now that the father is not there causing abuse, his subconscious is re-living things that have happened and he is suffering from the mental stress of it all, plus the change in living arrangements. Be loving, give it time, fill his life with happy memories and they will start taking over. Also, remember, that as he grows, his body will go through hormonal changes, which occur every 4 to 6 months until they reach about 2 years of age, then it slows down a bit.

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 6:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• send me a PM we maybe I can help.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 6:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I was with a man who ended up putting me in the hospital and lose my first baby but he had a 2 yt old daughter that I protected with my life and now she lives with her sister... that was almost 5 yrs ago and shes fine. but as for ur baby time goes on he will heal but love and care for him as much as possible... and if he won't sleep during the night just let him sit and play in his crib if u need to... but he will be ok. it will just take some time... don't worry it will be ok... if u need to talk to someone whos been there let me know and Email me any time....
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008