Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alternative Medicine??

I have been thinking about going to a Holistic doctor for the kids and I to do a full food sensitivity panel.. I heard that just changing the most common food sensitivities will completely change who you are, for the better... what do you think???

Answer Question

Asked by RockerMomToTwo at 4:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Health

Level 6 (128 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Sounds like a great idea. My friend went to a Holistic doctor, she did idicrinology (sp?)...she took pictures of her eyes and was able to tell her whole health history and what she may need through the lines and colors in her eyes...very interesting. She did a cleanse and is eating for her blood type and is the healthiest person I know. Her kids are doing amazing as well. I'm interested in learning more and would love to go myself, but cannot afford it right now.

    Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 4:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • I cant really afford it either but im seraching, i found a good one, but theres a 6 month waiting list!

    Comment by RockerMomToTwo (original poster) at 4:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Goodness! 6 month waiting list. They must be pretty good if you have to wait that long.

    Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • My older brother (42 years old and father of 4 children) recently did just this. He went on a total detox and is slowly adding foods back into his system. It's helping he a lot. He's on a glutenfree, nut free, soy free, and even more diet right now. He says he feels so much better with more energy and breathes easier.
    Good luck.

    Answer by MississippiGirl at 6:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • look this person up on the better business bureau first, or google this person for bad outcomes or scams.
    if you can afford it, that's great, but you really really need to verify their education, background, and reputation before you take what they say and recommend as complete truth. Especially if they try to sell you products out of their own office, claiming there is nothing else like what they have.

    Answer by jewjewbee at 7:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • You can see an allergist for the food panel testing. Ask for a food panel rast test for IgE & IgG antibodies. Yes, changing your diet makes a big difference on behavior & health.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Do it. Motherofhope98 above is spot on; changing your diet can make a huge difference on behavior and health. And keep in mind that what is "healthy" for one person can be disastrous for another. I had my son tested when I suspected casein (milk protein); removed it from his diet and he was a different child in a matter of 2 days!

    Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

  • For myself, removing gluten from my diet also removed my allergies & back pain. My son, we removed (after testing) gluten, soy, dairy, & eggs. What a difference! Like flipping on a light switch. Had we listened to the drs, he would be labeled adhd & retarded and drugged to the hilt.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.