Christians: Is NOT having faith in God the same as sinning?

any bible verses to back your answer??

to be continued...

bible study

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 7:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Are you asking if - anyone who doesn't have faith in God-is a sin
    or are you asking if a non believer is sinning-because of a choice to not have faith in God
    ?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I would like to have faith and I try to. It is not strong. I hope that by living a righteous life and not commiting worldly sins is right for life here and in the hereafter if there is a hereafter.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• jewjewbee... did you just ask the same question twice, lol? I dont know what you mean, but answer your own questions if you'd like.

shrugging

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• The Bible answers this question at Heb 3:12-19.
    BlueberryDream

Answer by BlueberryDream at 7:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• what I'm saying is,
    If a person has never been taught about the Christian God and Jesus, how can not having faith in him be a sin?
    If someone has been taught about the Christian God and Jesus, and chooses to turn away from Him, that would be considered sin.
    So basically are you asking this question to just Christians who no longer have faith, or just anyone in the world who has no faith, or is this question for any person of any belief to have no faith in ANY Gods?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• OP
    maybe you don't see how many various ways your question can be interpreted.
    Are you asking
    Is the Christian perspective or opinion of that, any person who has no faith in the Christian God and Jesus sinning?
    why not ask a Muslim instead of Christians?
    If someone of other faith than Islam does not believe in Allah, is that sinning?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:14 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Jewjewbee...I only asked Christians to answer this question. That means if you are a Christian, then answer it for yourself, AS A CHRISTIAN, not as a non-Christian. I really didnt mean to make it that complicated.
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• problem here, OP is you can't stop anyone from answering it, so I'd just ignore the one you aren't interested in rather than tell them online that they can't. Its not a physical barrier, so they're gonna post anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm not a Christian, but a dear friend is. In his belief system, it is a sin to not believe. I think that was what you were asking?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• anon, I'm not trying to stop anyone from answering. I just targeted a specific group of readers. Im not a Christian and Im asking the question,lol! I never said non-Christians cant answer, but I dont see how they can accordingly.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2010