do most 4 y/o kids stay inside the lines when coloring?

elasmimi

Asked by elasmimi at 7:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• mine doesnt stay in the lines but god help him he tries his hardest......................
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Mine does, I don't think it is rare at this age for them to stay in the lines.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Mine doesn't, but he pretty much hates coloring books and prefers blank paper.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think it depends on the child; some kids do some don't. By the time they are 5 or so they should be able to stay within the lines.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Mine does, he just turned four so he was staying in the lines at 3 as well. It definitely depends on the child. My 4 year old is very patient and has to do things just right. He is kind of a serious child. His brother, who just turned three, has no patience for such things. Coloring in the lines, well even sitting still long enough to even just color a picture, I don't think will happen for a very long time. He has better things to do then sit still for something. lol
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My 4 year old daughter doesn't completely. You can tell she is coloring certain things certain colors, but there isn't much attention paid to the lines. She prefers to draw now over color. She likes to paint coloring pages much more than she likes to color them. Surprisingly, her accuracy is much better with watercolor paint than with crayons.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My son does. Most of the time. Sometimes he turns it into a joke and wants tio color all over the page.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Mine didn't really care about staying in the lines until Kindergarten. She was 5.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2010