Does you preschooler have very strong opinions about what he/she wears? If so, is it a girl or boy?

elasmimi

Asked by elasmimi at 7:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son never really did and is now 5.5 years old. My 3.5 year old daughter sometimes is very adamant she wants to wear a particular shirt or pants, but not all the time. Personally unless we are going to get pictures taken or something I am pretty lenient with what they wear. As long as there are no holes, rips, stains etc. (which I try to keep out of their drawers) then I don't care much if they match as long as it is weather appropriate. I chose to pick my battles and this is one that just doesn't matter much to me.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes, my 4 yr old dd is very picky about her clothes. My other two daughters were not at this age.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• my ds didn't like wearing shirts or jackets with buttons..and still hates it!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My LO sure does. She is great with colors, but has a real problem with weather suitability.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:59 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have a 4 year old daughter that has been picking out her own clothes for close to 2 years now. She has her own sense of style and I really don't care as long as she is seasonally appropriate. (Most of the time she looks like an extra in a Cyndi Lauper video.) My 3 year old son has just started wanting to pick out his own clothes. He wants to wear certain shirts all the time. He doesn't care if I layer under it or pick the pants, but he wants the shirt he has chosen for the day.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes. He is stubborn and likes to pick his own clothes out. He has good style though. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• YES she's a girl. If she doesnt like what I picked out or put on here she will go back to her room take off her clothes and pick out what she wants to wear
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Actually my daughter was younger than that when she started to dislike wearing certain types of fabric like denim. A denim dress was bought for her and she wouldn't wear it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My kids are all that way have been since about preschool age. My oldest, when she was about 4 was so adament against wearing an outfit I picked out for her one day, that after I "made" her put it on, she stood in front of me and peed in it so she wouldn't have to wear it that day! I was SOOOOOOOOOO mad! lol
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My dd is SO picky!
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2010