Do any of your children share a bed?

We are transitioning my 4 year old into his own twin bed but until it arrives, for the last 2 nights he has been sleeping in his 11 year old sister's full size bed in her room. I just checked in on them. They look so peaceful.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• We considered getting just 1 twin bed for our 2 older girls when they were little. They are 2 years apart and both were tiny. We didn't have the money for 2 twin beds and one had plenty of room for both of them. In the end we chose these smaller, cheaper "junior" beds from IKEA. I once went into their room and found both girls (4 and 6 at the time) and my son (5 at the time) curled up on this tiny bed together. It was so freaking cute. My son always slept in their room, if not in bed with one of them. He didn't even have his own room for years although he did have his own bed in the room he shared with the girls but half the time he ended up on the floor inbetween them. I don't see anything wrong with bed sharing. My mom shared a full size with 3 of her sisters until she left home at 16.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• They never slept in the same bed even though they were both boys. I don't think it's a problem for a couple of nights, but I don't think it's a good idea for longer than that. An 11 year old needs privacy.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My boys are always jumping into eachother's beds. They all have their own bed's but I don't see why they can't share now and again. It#s doing no one any harm and they are happy.
    LesiRose

Answer by LesiRose at 8:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Countdown to "OMG that is so wrong!"

My kids don't share a bed, but my niece and nephew used to. My sister lived in a 2 bedroom house, and she had her bed and another full-size bed for the kids. They slept like that for about a year, maybe longer.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No my kids never did but I hear the neighbor boy 9 and sister 6 do
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no my kids don't
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• If we have company our girls might bunk together, but that's it. When my MIL stays over she gets the couch (and she stays for over a week sleeping there, the only time we put her in a bed she was here for over a month - never again!). When my parents stay over they get our older daughter's full size bed and my little brother gets the couch. Our girls share our younger daughter's bunk bed.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have 3 boys...8,7, and 5. At first my 7 and 5 year old liked to sleep together, then it changed a few months back and my 8 and 7 year old like to sleep together. They have their own beds they just like being together sometimes.

As far as your 4 year old sleeping in bed with your 11 year old. I think it should be up to her. She is 11 and at that age is will probably want a little privacy. If she's okay with it then cool. If she's having a night where she really doesn't want to then your son will just have to be understanding.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no my boys share a room but not a bed
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I shared a bed with my sister until I was 13 (and she was 12). My boys share a bedroom, but they sleep in bunk beds - they are 10 and 6.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2010