What is a good age to have a good conversation with my daughter about "facts of life". She is 13 now.

jlhitt

Asked by jlhitt at 8:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• NOW!
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 8:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• As soon as possible! Frankly, it's probably too late. At 13, she's prob heard all about it from her friends. Experts recommend you have "The Talk" with your child in the 4th grade. Seems early, but you want them to hear it first from you, not their buddies.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 8:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Its NEVER too late but you want to do it now.! I had friends that were having sex at this age. I would be so mad at my friends and didn't understand why they would at such a young age but it happened.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Now. Most girls by this age have had the talk with their parents, and they talk to each other, and sometimes they get the facts mixed up. You're very lucky if she hasn't started her period yet. Many girls start much earlier than that. You're behind now, so get caught up soon.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I lost my virginity at 13, so now is an opportune time! Be sure to emphasize protection over "don't have sex".
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Now.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• now !! you can go to your local planned parenthood and they will give you a packet full of info. I did that with my son (he is now 23) It was good to have facts and figures to quote him.  I then gave him the packet and told him to feel free to ask me any questions as well as ....his Uncle, his Aunt, my fiance" his father, the school nurse, the guidance counselor.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• now. tell her the facts, and answer any question she may have. ask her what she 'knows', and correct her, accordingly, if need be. and on her next phys. exam with her pediatrician, get the doctor involved by telling her, from the medical-professional side, what her body is going through, and what to expect. have a very frank conversation with her..don't be afraid to tell her too much. too little information could harm her or her choices in the future.
    leave no stone unturned.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• 3 yrs ago lol

ASAP :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• 4 yrs ago lol

ASAP:)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:39 AM on Dec. 30, 2010