Christians: If you are aware of the bible missing original books, are YOU looking for them?

Let me break it down for clear understanding...

If YOU (personally) as a Christian are aware that there are missing books from the original bible, are you researching them to get a better understanding of you religion? And if not, why not?

Do you think its important to have the missing books of the bible to receive the full message it was intended to send?

ps. if you werent aware that there were missing books, now you are! So now what?

bible study

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 8:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• the Mormons may chime up that they have found at least one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• no, i'm not looking for them. i've read some of them, and it hasn't changed anything for me. it may have given me more insight into what another person thought about certain teachings, occurrences,etc. but it didn't add or take away from the meaning of the Bible.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think it's great to study any books I come across. Am I looking for them, no not physically, I'm not an archaeologist. I realize there are many books including the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Gnostic gospels. It's an on going process of study for me, I just finished a book about some of the Gnostic books. The Bible isn't missing any original books, the books that are in the Bible are what make up the book we call the Bible.  There are additional books that were written by Christians that were never part of the Bible.

Are you searching for books about your beliefs? because there are many writings that have been lost through time, not just christian.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think it is amazing we still have more to learn. I am aware of the missing books.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• RyansMom001...seriously? "The Bible isn't missing any original books, the books that are in the Bible are what make up the book we call the Bible."

Yes Im familiar with the few 66 books that make up the bible today. I hope you were just kidding about the bible not missing any original books, otherwise you are mistaken.

And, I dont have a set of beliefs, but I do study Esoteric teachings from many different cultures.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I'm constantly looking for everything I can get my hands on, in terms of religious reading. I do think, though, that people can be just fine with what is included in the Bible. Its up to the individual to decide what works for them. While some of us are more inclined and comfortable with looking outside the traditional box it doesn't work for everyone. No need to complicate things for those who aren't inclined or interested in it, though. Faith is such a personal thing, we can't go acting like we know the answers for anyone else - that goes both ways, I think....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I went to seminary college so yes I am aware. I have read whats out there. I have practiced other religions. I have done everything and then some. I have no problem with missing books since after learning to read both Hebrew and Arabic I know how hard it is to translate everything. Having faith in God means more then books in the Bible.

Answer by gemgem at 9:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• No I wasn't kidding, what books are they missing that were part of a book called the Bible. My Bible has 73 books.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes, I was and yes I have done research. I have a copy of the Apocrypha Bible because I'm not a big fan of man or government telling me what I can and can not read. For those who don't know about it, you can find out more about the missing books here http://www.thelostbooks.com/

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes, I'm aware they are there, no I'm not actively looking for them. If they were that important, God would have included them in the Bible! There are some things we are just not meant to know. God is so much more infinite, and incredible than we will ever know, and we aren't supposed to understand every little bitty thing about Him,and that's just fine with me. If He wants me to know everything about Him, He will reveal it to me, or tell me when I get to Heaven. If not, then I obviously know everything I need to,and I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd rather spend my life living for Him,and sharing Him with the lost than to waste time chasing after answers we aren't meant to find.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010