Why aren't there any historical artifacts of Jesus, like those of Anceint Egypt or the dinosaurs?

I always asked this in children's service at church when I was young, so now Im asking again!

All the "bad" Egyptians had their lives and culture preserved and protected, so why not Jesus?

I mean, not a hair, body, robe, house, nails from his hands, crown of thorns, or anything???

Im talking concrete artifacts - no speculations, b/c after all these years there should be something solid.

bible study

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 8:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• those things decompose after 2000 yrs and personally I dont think he really owned much, and whatever he did "own" it would be hard to prove it was his, esp since we don't have a DNA sample to prove this item was in fact his.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Noah's Ark

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ark.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Jesus was a poor Jewish man that people in authority didn't like. Egyptian Pharaohs were rich and built huge monuments to themselves, they are easier to find.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• That's a good question. (I'm a Buddhist, btw). My belief is that it's because the period of time when Jesus was said to have walked the earth was very short (35 years?). In comparison, the dinosaurs and the Egyptians had hundreds/thousands of years from which artifacts are found. It's actually logical that artifacts aren't found, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Sorry I misread your post. I will leave up the link to Noah's Ark.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/27/us/27jesus.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I don't know , I was watching a show where now they even found a new species of Dino , and for the first time I wandered the same thing. and this type they say was in the antarctic .Dino's are or were warm blooded so go figure .
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Now you know that is ENTIRELY too complex for people to have an actual answer to. ;) And WAY too logical to think of.

Although I whole heartedly agree. And weren't dinosaurs and stuff just as old if not older than 2000 years? (I am SO not the historical buff or Jesus freak so I seriously don't know the answer to that question. Lol. Sorry.)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Noah's Ark wasn't built by Jesus ANON.... it was built by NOAH. Derrrrr
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Mermigen Derrrr I have said I read the post wrong. Derrr I also stated I would leave it up even though I caught my own mistake. Derr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2010